Workshop on Empirical Monetary Economics 2019
The purpose of this workshop is to provide the opportunity to discuss and promote topical empirical research related to all areas of monetary economics. Some particularly relevant topics are:
– The transmission channels of monetary policies
– Communication strategies, the role of expectations and forward guidance
– Risks associated to uncertainty and to the normalization of monetary policy
– Financial stability, interaction between monetary policy and prudential policies
– Central banking and long-term challenges (secular stagnation, inequality)
– Deborah Lucas (MIT)
– Narayana Kocherlakota (University of Rochester)
Please submit a full paper in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is September 15, 2019. Decisions will be notified before end of October 2019.
This two-day workshop will take place at OFCE in Paris, France, on December 5-6, 2019.
There is no registration fee and the workshop does not cover travel and accommodation costs.
Christophe Blot (Sciences Po – OFCE & Université Paris-Nanterre – EconomiX)
Paul Hubert (Sciences Po – OFCE)
Philippe Andrade (Federal Reserve Bank of Boston)
Refet Gürkaynak (Bilkent University)
Fabien Labondance (Université de Franche‐Comté)
Céline Poilly (AMSE)
Giovanni Ricco (University of Warwick)
Urszula Szczerbowicz (Banque de France)