We offer a Post-Doc position for one year at EconomiX-CNRS (University Paris Nanterre) funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR).
The position is located at the research center EconomiX, on the campus on University Paris Nanterre. Monthly pay is approximately 2000€ net. The contract would ideally start in September/October 2019.
The postdoc researcher will be part of the interdisciplinary research project "POLIT-ECON : Political behaviors and electoral accountability" coordinated by Benjamin Monnery. The project exploits various sets of data on Members of the Parliament in France to study three main topics :
– the parliamentary activities of French MPs and their impacts of future elections ;
– the strategic allocation of discretionary funds by French MPs ;
– the compliance of French MPs to disclosure requirements from the HATVP.
More information about the research project can be found at https://politecon.hypotheses.org/
Candidates should hold a PhD (or be near completion) in Economics, Political Science, or Computer Science, with strong skills in quantitative methods (microeconometrics and impact evaluation, computational text analysis, data science, OR network data analysis) and a strong interest for political economy and interdisciplinary research.
The postdoc will work on a daily basis with the scientific coordinator as a coauthor, be involved with an interdisciplinary team of researchers, and receive funding to attend conferences.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2019 and should include :
– a cover letter
– a CV with a list of papers (published, under review/revision, working papers) with abstracts
– one paper representative of your work
– a copy of your diploma (PhD or Master level)
Interviews will be conducted in March 2019.
> Please feel free to circulate this job offer to potential candidates
> Contact the coordinator Benjamin Monnery by email for further information