International Conference on
University of Paris Ouest, Nanterre- La Défense , June 4-5, 2015
Energy prices: macroeconomic and financial impacts
The research centre EconomiX, affiliated with the CNRS and University of Paris Ouest, is pleased to host the International Conference on “Energy prices: macroeconomic and financial impacts” that will take place in Paris on 4-5 June 2015 with the financial support of the Conseil Français de l’Énergie. The aim of the conference is to bring together original research in the area of energy price dynamics, by paying particular attention to their macroeconomic and financial impacts.
Topics of interest
We welcome submissions on the following topics:
- Energy prices, global imbalances, and exchange rates;
- Energy price shocks, monetary policy, and fiscal policy;
- Energy price volatility;
- Interdependences between financial markets and energy markets.
- Christiane BAUMEISTER,
Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame, Indiana University, United States
- Thorvaldur GYLFASON,
Professor of Economics, University of Iceland
- Rick VAN DER PLOEG,
Professor of Economics, University of Oxford
Research Director, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies
Registration is closed.
Submit a paper for presentation
The submission for the conference is closed.
Paper presenters are expected to discuss one other paper during the conference. The discussant assignments will be provided by the workshop organizers at a later date.
The authors of outstanding research papers are invited to submit them to a special issue of International Economics.
The procedure for submitting the papers to this journal will be specified in due course.
The conference will take place at the following address: University of Paris Ouest – Nanterre La Défense, Conferences Room, B Building, 200 avenue de la République, 92001 Nanterre, France.
- Jean-Pierre ALLEGRET (EconomiX-CNRS, University of Paris Ouest),
- Julien CHEVALLIER (LED, University of Paris 8 Saint-Denis, and IPAG Business School),
- Benoit CHEZE (IFPEN), Virginie COUDERT (Bank of France),
- Cécile COUHARDE (EconomiX-CNRS, University of Paris Ouest),
- Dramane COULIBALY (EconomiX-CNRS, University of Paris Ouest),
- Patrick CRIQUI (PACTE-EDDEN, CNRS-University of Grenoble),
- Gilles DUFRENOT (GREQAM-CNRS, Aix-Marseille School of Economics),
- Emmanuel HACHE (IFPEN), Marc JÖETS (IPAG Business School, Paris),
- Fatih KARANFIL (EconomiX-CNRS, University of Paris Ouest),
- Frédéric LANTZ (IFPEN),
- Yannick LE PEN (LEDa-CGEMP – University Paris-Dauphine),
- Valérie MIGNON (EconomiX-CNRS, University of Paris Ouest),
- Jean Eudes MONCOMBLE (French Energy Council),
- Luc-Désiré OMGBA (EconomiX-CNRS, University of Paris Ouest),
- Jacques PERCEBOIS (CREDEN, University of Montpellier 1),
- Hélène RAYMOND (EconomiX-CNRS, University of Paris Ouest),
- Mustapha SADNI JALLAB (World Trade Organization, Geneva).
Organizing Committee (EconomiX-CNRS)
- Jean-Pierre ALLEGRET,
- Cécile COUHARDE,
- Dramane COULIBALY,
- Fatih KARANFIL,
- Valérie MIGNON,
- Luc-Désiré OMGBA ,
- Hélène RAYMOND.